Our Women’s Health Team of pelvic floor physiotherapists and Pilates instructors have developed a brand new Pilates program that is designed to help you build pelvic floor awareness and posterior chain strength to support you during pregnancy and beyond.
The goal of our Pilates classes are to –
- Build lower body and posterior chain strength to support you in carrying your growing baby through pregnancy.
- Build upper body strength and endurance to help prepare you for carrying your new-born and breastfeeding.
- Develop hip stability and pelvic control to assist you in a safe labour and delivery.
- Lengthening and strengthening your adductor thigh muscles to help support the weight of your growing baby belly and providing your more leverage to push during labour.
Exercise is a safe and beneficial thing to be doing throughout your pregnancy as it can help reduce common pregnancy symptoms and improve your overall health during pregnancy and post-partum. Exercise during pregnancy has proven to help:
- Reduce symptoms of morning sickness, insomnia, stress and anxiety.
- Improve psychological well-being.
- Assist with weight management and prevention of gestational diabetes.
- Reduce and prevent lower back pain.
- Improve labour outcomes by improving pelvic endurance, awareness, stability and strength.
Wanting to get started with pregnancy Pilates today? Here’s the next steps. Our classes are hosted in-person at our North Sydney gym or you can join over zoom from home! Classes are on Thursday evenings at 6PM. To sign up for a class, fill in the contact form below. Our team with respond with the required forms needed to register and make sure you’re safe to exercise. Then, there are 3 ways to get started.
- With a FREE trial to make sure that we are the right fit for each other.
- Using a Class Pass which you can prepay 10 – 20 classes.
- As a part of our membership where all classes are free and you can receive the added benefits of discounted one on one sessions with our other services as well as being allocated a mentor to help you navigate remaining in optimal health at this important time in your life.