Approaching things differently to standard gyms and physiotherapy clinics.
We strongly believe that offering you an integrated approach to your health will give you the best results and our track record of great results supports this. Whichever of our phases that you feel that you’re in we’re here for you, and have a range of services that will be able to assist you.
Whether your goals are big or small, we will help you achieve them.
Stories we like
Client of the Month
Our Personal Trainers and Exercise Physiologists in North Sydney nominate a client of the month each month, here are a few of our recent stars!
One of the first questions people have is often to do with the cost. The real value from Healthfix comes from the fact that we want to find long term solutions for you and pass on our knowledge so that you can self manage your own health. Our Physiotherapists will often discharge a client after a certain number of sessions as we want to give you the most efficient, cost effective way to improve your health.
We also keep our appointments shorter than other clinics and gyms as we know how important time management is to a lot of our clients and want to be able to give you this short and efficient solution.
Our prices are dependent on what session time you book for (the first appointment would always be a longer time) if you’re personally able to claim via your insurance, if you work for one of our corporate partners and many other things. To find out the cost for a specific service give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
Everybody’s journey time and required number of appointments will be different and therefore we can give you a even bigger indication of what’s right for you and the costs when you have your initial session with your required service/s.
Our initial appointments are slightly longer than our follow ups, we do this to give us time to carry out assessments and have some time to talk through your plan with you. We’ve given some approximate session times below, but please call us to discuss your individual requirements and we will be happy to give you more information.
In general, our initial appointments are:
Physiotherapy – 45 mins
Exercise Physiology – 1 hr
Personal Training – 1 hr
Massage – 60 mins
Dietetics – 45 mins
Follow up appointments will also flex depending on your own personal requirements, but, to give you an idea, they often they are:
Physiotherapy – 30 mins
Exercise Physiology – 30 mins
Personal Training – 30 mins
Massage – 60 mins
Dietetics – 30 mins
Our sessions are designed to give you all the tools during the session. However, to make sure that you get the most out of your time, the below are useful tips.
– Arrive 5 minutes early so you can take a few moments to fill out our registration form
– If you have any referrals, Dr’s notes, scans, relevant blood tests, list of medications etc. please bring this along with you so your therapist or trainer can then review this during your initial.
– For your Physiotherapy or massage initial it’s great if you’re wearing clothes that you can move/show that part of the body, so please bring shorts/singlet as appropriate. (we always have a spare pair of shorts here though!)
– If you’re coming for an Exercise Physiology or Personal Training initial come in some active gym clothes, even though it’s not a full training session we’re going to want to see you move, asses these movements and test your fitness. This is a lot easier if you’re comfortable and can move freely.
– If your coming for your diet initial please bring any information you have on your diet and current health if you have any of the following bring it along: e.g. food diary, blood test results, other health test results, known medication details etc. If you don’t have any of this it’s all good – just come as you are!
– Look forward to it! We’re here to help you on your health journey – we’re looking forward to meeting you.
The simple answer is yes. It will depend on your level of cover on how much you will get back. Under your extras many health funds will cover Physio, EP, Massage and Dietetics and a couple of the funds have started covering PT also. Give your insurance company a call and find out what you’re covered for and check that it’s allocated to what you need.
When it comes to paying and claiming, bring your health fund card with you on the day and we can swipe your card and submit the claim for you, leaving you just the gap to pay for personally.
If you forget your card on the day, don’t worry, pay in full and we can email you a copy of the invoice so that you can submit the claim yourself directly with your health insurance provider.
We sure do! If you’ve had a health condition for longer than 6 months speak to your GP and they may be able to give you an EPC/GP Management Plan – this will allow you a set number of sessions (up to 5 per year) to be partially claimed back via medicare (they give you a rebate of $52.95 per session). These plans can cover Physiotherapy, Dietetics and Exercise Physiology – depending on your health condition and requirements.
Payment for a session on a EPC/GP Management Plan is required in full on the day (just like at private Dr’s). If you bring your medicare card with you, we can then submit your rebate claim for you, and apply this back onto your debit card. If you don’t have your medicare care on you we can email you the invoice and you can claim this rebate back personally.
Yes of course you can. We work with many clients who are having Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology treatment as part of their insurance claim. We are used to dealing with the case managers and the forms and details that they require – you’re in safe hands with us and we can help guide you through this process.
If you’re coming in for your initial appointment, and have the following please bring it with you:
The date of your injury
Your claim number
Your case officers phone and email contact details
Your certificate of capacity
Your referral letter (if you have one)
A duties description of what you do for work: position description or overview of job tasks