Pregnancy and Zoe Wallace
Zoe is our resident women’s health physiotherapist with an abundance of specialist training. She forms a part of Dr Ujwala Parashar’s obstetric service, providing early assessment to assist with labour and post partum care.
Zoe also works with obstetricians, and gynaecologists from The Mater and Royal North Shore Private Hospitals as well as shared care GP services and local fitness professionals to help women remain active during and after pregnancy.
– Pelvic girdle pain, rib dysfunctions, low back and neck pain
– Pelvic floor assessment to teach correct pelvic floor activation for treatment and prevention of incontinence and prolapse
– Screening and treatment of high tone (tight) regions in the pelvic floor that may impact birth
– Exercise prescription specific to the pregnant body
– Education surrounding labour positions, birth choices and early post-natal recovery
Post Natal Care
– Assessment and treatment of pelvic floor and abdominal wall activation/ muscle separation
– Treatment of incontinence, prolapse, painful intercourse, anal sphincter tears, episiotomy recovery
– Many people are surprised to hear that the pelvic floor can directly or indirectly create conditions such as back pain, hip impingement or coccyx pain, and is frequently the missing piece of the puzzle that we love to find.